Monday, June 25, 2012

Seeking adoptive home for orphaned kitten

This little guy's name is Ike.  He is almost 4 weeks old now.  A large tomcat dropped him on my patio one day when it was hot enough to cook eggs on it.  This tomcat has been hanging around our house for a while now, after the feral female that was in heat.

I moved the kitten to the grass a few feet over and waited for the mom to reclaim him.  No luck.  I searched around our property for her litter to return him.  No luck again.

His eyes were just starting to open.  I can only guess the male cat was going to kill him, as it was positively a male cat (I am only too familiar with it), and ran like the dickens when I came out of the house. 

So, obviously too late to make a long story short, we are now caring for this little male kitten.  Since we already have 7 cats and 1 dog (all rescues and all fixed), we just CANNOT keep this guy, no matter how cute he is.

We are looking for an adoptive home for him.  I will include my email, so anyone can get in touch with me if they are interested.  On a side note, geez I look so much like my mom in this picture!  It kind of freaked me out a little.  My email is mona.twocats@gmail.com.

I tried to get a close up of Ike, but he is just too squirmy.  The camera refused to focus on him.  He is eating stage two kitten replacement formula mixed with a little canned kitten food.  He is already using the litter pan (YEAH!), and is quite friendly.  He is active, playful, intelligent, and loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment